Lesson plans for the new film Forging the West can be found here.
The Steelworks Center of the West offers a number of educational programs and resources for students and teachers. Our mission is to educate students and teachers about the history of Pueblo and Southern Colorado while introducing them to STEM instruction. CF&I played a huge part in the Industrial Revolution so we support the importance of STEM instruction in our educational programs. We offer school tours and educational programs all year around.
- School tours feature history and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) instruction. Choose from our vast range of topics including Colorado & Local History, Industrial Revolution & Technology, Genealogy & Immigration and many more. We offer hands on activities designed to be appropriate for student age groups.
- FREE Science Saturdays for ages 6-12 focuses on STEM instruction with past activities covering topics like Magnetism, Catapults and Food Chemistry.
- Spring Break and Summer Science Camps for grades 3-6. The length of our science camps range from 3-5 days. Each day is a different topic and our past camps have covered engineering, physics, chemistry, rocketry and biology. Scholarships are available for those in need.
- Primary resources for research studies from K-College levels. Students can research our archives for primary resources for research studies on the history of CF&I and Colorado.
- Student and teacher resources for classroom use. We offer fun activities for students and teachers on our website for use after school tours to the museum.
- Lecture presentations for local civic organizations. To educate the community of Pueblo on the history of CF&I and the town of Pueblo, we enjoy giving lecture presentations at the request of local organizations.
| STEELWORKS MUSEUM HOURS AND ADMISSION
| Monday-Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
| Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day
| $6 per adult, $4 per child age 4-12.
| Group discounts apply when reservations are made in advance
| FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 719-564-9086 x110